Poll

are jedi/sith overpowered?

nerf the force users
9 (37.5%)
they are perfectly fine
15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: JEDI/SITH NERF  (Read 8130 times)

Offline BNS Nuno

• Portugal is a GREAT COUNTRY!!!
    • View Profile
Re: JEDI/SITH NERF
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 11:23:51 am »
As I dont want to write a big text here Ill keep this short.

Jedis/siths are the same as they were in 0.36 the only thing that changed was the stunlock. And if you want to kill a team of jedi/sith, just get a **** sword (no need to go jedi/sith) and spam them until they die or run away.
Olá o meu nome é Nuno. :*

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 11:27:20 am »
Great, let's all give up the blasters. Or even better - let's go back to the native, and will fence.

Offline BNS Nuno

• Portugal is a GREAT COUNTRY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 11:55:38 am »
You know what I meant to say.

And its common sence to atleast bring a blaster sword and 2 ammo packs to fight a sith/jedi spam team.
Olá o meu nome é Nuno. :*

Offline Jepekula

• Junior
  • Dakka-dakka-dakka
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 12:44:04 pm »
The problem is that he almost does not get tired. Even against 10 shooters.

I agree, a change I would actually welcome:

Change the Force Defense/Blocking of shots, so a Jedi can block a set amount of shots (like 10) and then has to "recharge" for a set amount of seconds before he can block again. That would get a Force User to really think about where to jump in, but also means he only has a lower downtime in between actions.

The ranged users would have counterplay (getting 3-5 ppl to shoot at the Force user) but the Force user doesn't feel completely useless after using all of his "block" power, since he only needs that set amount of seconds before he can try again (if hes not dead because he chose a wrong moment)

It would change the gameplay of a Force user to windows of oppurtunities. I would like to hear a force users opinion on this change.
That actually sounds like a good idea.

Offline Ares

• Before you can rise you must fall.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 01:00:45 pm »
So you're asking a nerf that would allow Jedi to counter 10 shots then have to hide for at least 5 seconds before counter shots again. With the new firing rate of blasters that would be insane for players who take Jedi but aren't good with it. And with the class limits, the team is doomed.

So 2 options: nerf again Jedi but remove class limit so if ppl aren't good with it players who are good can have a chance.
Or
Keep it the way it is actually.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 01:03:26 pm by Ares »

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 01:04:05 pm »
You know what I meant to say.

And its common sence to atleast bring a blaster sword and 2 ammo packs to fight a sith/jedi spam team.
Too many blades for firearms module. In addition, it is very funny when a Jedi is killed by simple droid, with a knife.

Ares
Well, we are talking about that. If the Jedi will not exceed the other classes, the limit is not required. Limit is annoying all players - those who play for the Jedi and those who like to play against them.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 01:24:06 pm by Sellsword »

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 01:08:07 pm »
"Will not exceed"

It's a Jedi, I mean cmon how can it be balanced, do you think 1 or 2 clones actually had a chance against master Jedi ?

You simply can't nerf so much Jedi that it would be a challenge against each clone in his way. It can't be in SW universe.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 01:11:25 pm by Ares »

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 01:10:00 pm »
This is just a game. Or you can provide thousands of droids, like in the movie? 100 droids or 10 clones of the Jedi, at least. Always. And by the way, how do you know that this master, rather than yesterday's Padawan?

Or
#Invalid YouTube Link#

Players is not bots, they should not be the whipping boys for every noob, who grabbed too strong class.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 01:19:56 pm by Sellsword »

Offline Vengeful

• Staff
  • Vigilante
  • 501st_SSgt_Vengeful
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 01:30:26 pm »
So you're asking a nerf that would allow Jedi to counter 10 shots then have to hide for at least 5 seconds before counter shots again. With the new firing rate of blasters that would be insane for players who take Jedi but aren't good with it. And with the class limits, the team is doomed.

• The number 10 was not a definite number, it was only a number for example, it could be 20 too
  • Oh no, people who are not good at Jedi are going to have a hard time? Well then there is a purpose at getting better don't you think?
  • Your enemy could also have bad force user players, thats no argument

"Will not exceed"

It's a Jedi, I mean cmon how can it be balanced, do you think 1 or 2 clones actually had a chance against master Jedi ?

You simply can't nerf so much Jedi that it would be a challenge against each clone in his way. It can't be in SW universe.

What do you want... Force users that are balanced and are worth as much as 1 Clone? Then there would be no class limit needed.

But you yourself are saying you want Force users to be stronger than Clones/droids.

If you want them to be stronger, you have to accept a limit on its usage.

My change would aim for Force users to be worth around 3-5 clones/droids. I think that would make them balanced enough for a 20-25% limit on the Official

Offline Velorn

• Bear Force II Developer
  • Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2016, 01:31:34 pm »
further our players are supposed to be padawans and average jedi... and average jedi are pretty easy to kill in star wars only the cartoons make them look overpowered
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2016, 01:39:25 pm »
Another option - make something that the Jedi will be vulnerable. Now they simply can not be stopped. For example - flamethrowers, with a small radius of action.

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 01:44:52 pm »
Is possible to try, extra weapons are still interesting. Flamethrower easily fry arrogant Jedi, but any clone  with rifle will shoot him down.

By the way, another advantage of the Jedi - they move very quickly by a huge local maps. The infantry is lagging behind, and bored. :)

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2016, 01:48:05 pm »
I don't want them stronger, they are already strong. I mean they can't be compared to clone/droid on a balance.

BUT I must admit that flamethrower could be a great idea to counter Jedi.

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2016, 01:50:42 pm »
They are not strong, they unfairly strong. Most of their capabilities does not require any skills from the player. If they will strong only in the hands of the master, I will not give any objections.

Offline Vengeful

• Staff
  • Vigilante
  • 501st_SSgt_Vengeful
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 01:54:36 pm »
I don't want them stronger, they are already strong. I mean they can't be compared to clone/droid on a balance.

I am sorry, but they have to be compared to clones and droids, since they are playing in the same game.

The biggest point of concern in my opinion: EVENTS

How is it possible to balance a class that can be played on the official server with 20% limit, when in an event there's pretty much a 4% limit. (200 players and 8 force users)

The answer is pretty obvious. Make the force user very skill dependent, so force users in events (very good force users) are still viable and don't feel useless, while force users on official (average force users) are not too strong.