Author Topic: Fix the balance of bots (You can do it BEFORE the release of 0.5!)  (Read 519 times)

Offline Baskakov_Dima

• View Profile
Fix the balance of bots (You can do it BEFORE the release of 0.5!)
« on: September 04, 2015, 12:07:16 am »
For now the Republic basically wins all the matches with bots just because of them wearing better armour. The droids' armour is 5/10/4. Clones have 15/20/7 or 15/25/10 in case they get ARC armour, if I am not mistaken, the distribution is 50/50. They get equal guns (in ranged mode), but armour does it's job, especially at long ranges, when clones can soak up a lot more hits than droids. Also the clones have a bit longer melee version of the gun, which makes them even stronger. Droids have better thrust, but bots don't know it and try to rush in the melee with a basically weaker slash.

Ways to fix that:

1) Give all the bots armour with equal stats. This will fix the balance completely, but a droid being as strong as a clone trooper can look dumb.
2) Give something better to droids (for exampe, make them faster). Will not fix the balance probably, or will probably make it even worse.
3) Make something that will give droids in bigger numbers.

P.S. Also, it looks very dumb when you approache a bot and he kills (or tries to kill) you in melee by his gun. Give the bots some melee weapons of similar stats (or, better, weaker stats -- bot melee is way too overpowered).
It feels even more dumb when guns block light sabers... Well, I don't think bots' weapons have to be able to block.
But I will address this in a different suggestion.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:23:23 am by Baskakov_Dima »

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
Re: Fix the balance of bots (You can do it BEFORE the release of 0.5!)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 12:32:24 am »
What's the meaning? There is no invasion.

Offline Baskakov_Dima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 01:02:43 am »
What's the meaning? There is no invasion.
When the amount of players online is low, people normally play with bots.

Offline Axwen

• Staff Member
  • Junior
  • Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 02:52:14 am »
I do think Bots should be balance, but it could be on the lower end of priorities. I do agree their armor should probably be evened out.
"You know impossible is what Rogue Squadron does best" - Corran Horn