You are Here:
Suggestions!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Author (Read 1652 times)

Re: Suggestions!
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2019, 06:21:03 PM »

Funky

With the new update out, I thought I'd just throw my mandatory criticism at it. Generally, I liked the update.

-Jets have retained their ability to fly and light rifles are viable now if not the meta. I love it.
-Classes feel more unique because of their now differing stats.
-The rocket launcher is hard to aim but satisfying to hit. As it should be, and it works as a decent counter to Jedi during pub play.
-Shields now slow you to a degree where they are interesting and not as strong.
-Jedi are now beatable
-I could go on.

I have a few gripes, but understand that in general, this update is, in my opinion, a positive one.

The gripe I have is with the night system. I, better than most, know how much god damn trouble that dynamic weather system was to add. But nighttime and fog are the two single most irritating additions to the game. It's horrible. I'll just be shooting into groups of glowing sticks with no aim. Getting kills isn't gratifying because you literally can't see your target. And getting killed is more frustrating than ever. On normal lighting you'll be able to learn from your mistakes and do better next time, on night time you'll just get irritated trying to see where that enemy was.

Another thing I dislike is that if you join during around you'll be fucked by night time while everyone else is able to see. You'll basically be worthless for a few rounds. Even worse if it's a deathmatch server and the map never switches and you're just continuously on night time.

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2019, 06:41:57 PM »

Marko

• Executive
Yeah it really was a pain to add and that's why the mixed results sadden me.

I agree the night time is a pain to see in for most players, which is why the brightness was upped more than twice of the original value. For me now seeing in night is perfectly normal and I'm not sure what's wrong with everyone's eyesight/monitor now. I guess we'll just have to up it further. Night time was also made less of an occurence on map switching now.

The issue of joining a server and it being night time is admittedly, the worst. However I don't see how it can be mitigated as people would then just leave the server and rejoin to gain an advantage over others if a map was night. The engine does not allow the skybox information to be synced with the joining player and this cannot be resolved in another way.

For me - it just needs to be a more rare occurence that occasionally allows maps to slightly differ in situational complexity based on the weather conditions. We can and will tweak it further however, the last thing I want is people being frustrated because of some weather gimmick. I don't think I'd concede to entirely removing night though.

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2019, 10:49:58 PM »

BNS Thorrider

Grenades
Change em
Same as bounty hunter rocket (0.32 and below I think)
Good needed nerf
Mahogany Doors