You are Here:
Suggestions!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Author (Read 369 times)

Re: Suggestions!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 04:26:23 PM »

Tor-Qel

• View Profile
I would like to suggest that all force user classes be given normal, unarmoured robes as standard.

Force users would then have to purchase armour if they want to (excluding the apprentice and padawan classes that should of course still not be able to), and others, like myself, that don't like the concept of armoured force users or don't want to use armour for some other reason (e.g. for a challenge, or simply prioritising something else on servers that have credit restrictions) can choose not to take it.

Another great benefit following this change would be the avoidance of uniformity, i.e. more variation in the looks of the force users, rather than the current forced appearance, especially in regards to the elaborate armour for the Sith Empire and Old Republic (to which I can add that you can't use the race heads as a Sith in the Sith Empire because you have to wear the "Revan" mask and hood).

Instead of moving towards less variation, we need more, and also more player choice (in this example simply some room for those who think 'less is more').
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:34:11 PM by Tor-Qel »

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 06:28:56 PM »

Ianitori

• View Profile
I agree with you on the topic that i dislike having armour as a jedi. However if jedi were allowed to have normal robes it would be much harder to regulate whether people are taking jedi or padawan in events, meaning by the time the host finds out what class they are it would most likely be too late.

However i also agree with what Tor-Qel is saying about more variation.

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 07:03:08 PM »

Tor-Qel

• View Profile
I agree with you on the topic that i dislike having armour as a jedi. However if jedi were allowed to have normal robes it would be much harder to regulate whether people are taking jedi or padawan in events, meaning by the time the host finds out what class they are it would most likely be too late.

Fair point.

Perhaps they could be distinguished by another base (vest) colour on the robe? It'd only require a simple reskin.

Also, why not let people choose the old (pre 0.6) robes? They're not that ugly...

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 06:10:03 PM »

Neyth

• View Profile
Alternative to Force Jump? Maybe Force Speed or something in that direction.
Let me know if something in that regard is already (or will be) worked on .

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2018, 11:19:13 AM »

Mark

• Developer
  • Current Lead Developer of Bear Force II
    • View Profile
I have been thinking of adding something like a sprinting function for all troops where you use force points/fuel as stamina. But this idea came to me pretty recently so I have not thought about implementation and the effect on gameplay that much yet.

I might look at it for future versions, thank you, Neyth!

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2018, 01:14:53 PM »

Neyth

• View Profile
An interesting concept. I would like to see it if you worked out the details.
No need to thank me :D

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 01:39:01 PM »

Dohknuts

• In a relationship with Count Dooku not Count_Dooku
    • View Profile
pls add the little teddy bear mofos.
I want to run around and throw rocks at people or poke them in da wiener with my spear ;)
Spoiler: ShowHide
"Volleyball nets hurt me emotionally!" -Dohknuts ||  "Age is just a number." -Swatosj

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 10:23:44 PM »

Marko

• Executive
I would like to suggest that all force user classes be given normal, unarmoured robes as standard.

Force users would then have to purchase armour if they want to (excluding the apprentice and padawan classes that should of course still not be able to), and others, like myself, that don't like the concept of armoured force users or don't want to use armour for some other reason (e.g. for a challenge, or simply prioritising something else on servers that have credit restrictions) can choose not to take it.

Another great benefit following this change would be the avoidance of uniformity, i.e. more variation in the looks of the force users, rather than the current forced appearance, especially in regards to the elaborate armour for the Sith Empire and Old Republic (to which I can add that you can't use the race heads as a Sith in the Sith Empire because you have to wear the "Revan" mask and hood).

Instead of moving towards less variation, we need more, and also more player choice (in this example simply some room for those who think 'less is more').

Proposed on the new Trello board: https://trello.com/b/95P1YMvg/star-wars-bear-force-ii-road-to-10

Mark's revision will decide whether this is something he wants to see in the mod.