Author Topic: Let's talk pistols.  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Matt141

• View Profile
Let's talk pistols.
« on: December 20, 2015, 11:41:34 pm »
After seeing the alpha videos, and how the new update will change the gameplay drastically (much faster blasters, no stagger from being hit by blasters, various new classes, weapons etc.) there was something I noticed lacking. It was the pistols, and, after they were hit by the nerf bat quite hard(to remind people, the main complaint was them stunlocking people at close range), they became kind of... useless. Now that pretty much every weapon is a lot better than before, pistols are going to be even more rare outside of super low gold games. I talked with Sherlock, and I have a few suggestions, I also want to gather opinions and suggestions from other people on how to make them a useful choice.

Sherlocks idea is to make them cheaper than blaster rifles but perform worse, a long with having a smaller silhuoette than rifles. While this doesn't sound bad, I wanted to point out that the pistols in the movies were actually pretty powerful (Hans DL-44 destroying stormtroopers, Jangos twin westars outright decimating a jedi when one leaped up to him and Dooku).

I had a suggestion of making the two top tier pistols (Twin westars and the DL-10, ensuring both sides have a choices) way more slow firing(in comparison to the now automatic blaster rifles), but quite accurate(although not as much as a blaster rifle, a bit lower, perhaps in the carbine range?) and more damaging than blaster rifles(perhaps similiar ammount of damage to a heavy blaster? I don't know how much it deals, but I know its more than a DC-15). My suggestion goes away from the super fast firing pistols, and makes the two top tier pistols a competetive choice to a DC-15/EE-3.

To make sure there isn't a pistol outrage similiar to the one in 0.32, I'd like to gather as many opinions/suggestions as possible. Sherlock said he is open to ideas, so let's decide how the pistols are going to work in the future.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:45:45 pm by Matt141 »

Offline anden649

• Ankhtify
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk pistols.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 11:48:23 pm »
I personally like the idea of pistols doing slightly more damage while firing slower then rifles. It would make them as you said, a competitive choice, with both advantages and disadvantages.
"I was the beginning and end of mankind, since nobody like myself existed before nor will he exist; nobody like myself was ever born nor will he be born. I surpassed the feats of the ancestors, and coming generations will not be able to equal me in any of my feats within this million of years" - Ankhtify

Offline Theretor

• Boss
  • Music Composer
    • View Profile
    • My Compositions
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 07:54:36 pm »
Hmmm I am not using blaster pistols much in public matches and events, but this sounds interesting, pistols should be more powerfull but slow since there are no stunlocks in the future. As I said I am not using pistols so much. Would be nice to hear more opinions from other people before I take  a side.

Offline anden649

• Ankhtify
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 09:46:57 pm »
Might aswell rename thread to: "Let's not talk pistols"

!_!
"I was the beginning and end of mankind, since nobody like myself existed before nor will he exist; nobody like myself was ever born nor will he be born. I surpassed the feats of the ancestors, and coming generations will not be able to equal me in any of my feats within this million of years" - Ankhtify

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 03:52:33 pm »
Strength without speed is useless. Pistols were normal until they were spoiled.

Offline BNS Marko

• Owner
  • Hero
  • That Balkan guy.
    • View Profile
    • Bad Name Studios
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 08:12:29 pm »
Not what 99% other users said. Hence, why we nerfed them in 0.36.

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 08:45:37 pm »
They just fit to shoot himself. Slowly.

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 07:30:53 pm »
By the way, in the absence of the stun, it may be possible to increase the rate of pistols?  Sniper of republic forced to use a rifle in close combat.

Offline Axwen

• Staff Member
  • Junior
  • Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 12:09:51 am »
By the way, in the absence of the stun, it may be possible to increase the rate of pistols?  Sniper of republic forced to use a rifle in close combat.
This is definitely an issue. I agree with Sellsword.
"You know impossible is what Rogue Squadron does best" - Corran Horn

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 12:36:13 pm »
By the way, you can leave the old rate (or slightly below), but significantly increase the damage. Like XCOM  :) Now the weapon requires 7-9 shots to kill a Mandalorian.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:45:37 pm by Sellsword »