Author Topic: 0.75-0.79 Testing Feedback  (Read 448 times)

Offline BNS Marko

• Owner
  • Hero
  • That Balkan guy.
    • View Profile
    • Bad Name Studios
0.75-0.79 Testing Feedback
« on: April 21, 2017, 10:57:02 pm »
For testers only:

Report bugs:
Bug description:
How did it happen/how often does it happen:
Screenshot(s):

General feedback:

Offline Ianitori

• Junior
  • Dat guy who no one likes
    • View Profile
Re: 0.75-0.79 Testing Feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 03:10:19 pm »
Bug description: Invisible Vibro blade
How did it happen/how often does it happen: Whenever you swing the vibro blade it turns transparent/invisible
Screenshot(s):
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMGP-CvGDTk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMGP-CvGDTk</a>

Offline Leinand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 10:00:18 pm »
Bug description: Smoke turning into thermal detonator.
How did it happen/how often does it happen: So when i picked smoke grenade and then i drop it on ground and picked up again i clicked rmb few times to start aiming and stop aiming what happened is smoke grenade apparently changed to thermal detonator for no reason after throwing it. It happened only once to me since i didnt tried to glitch it again but il keep my eye on it. No screens since it was hard to cap.

Offline vice538

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 10:42:00 pm »
General feedback

Thermal Detonator: Buff throwing range and explosion radius

Grenade Launcher: Lower damage, Add crossbow reload, Lower ammo per shot from 60 to 40, Add pistol to all classes that have them as it is the republic heavy has a pistol other factions do not

Smoke Grenade: Change spawn amount from one to two aside from this theyre great

Pistol changes: Works well

Offline EYE4567

• Senior
  • an eye for an eye makes the hole world blind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 10:00:08 pm »
bugs hey well
we got invisible light sabres

don't know if it's because of the update but head glitching is becoming more popular and deadly.

Jets don't work on some maps, so far no theme as sometimes a map will work other times the same map won't. Ur jet pack will rapidly turn on and off and due to the 100 fuel for the first boot, u run out of fuel really quick.

Old bug where people go first person on a wall and can see through obstacles and the map and look at the enemy.

The invisible walls need refining on the conquest maps some are riddled with holes allowing users to get out of normal play zones.

some flags won't cap once they reach the top and so will never be capped by the other team.

If u lose ur flag that ur set to default to spawn on flag zero, or sometimes just random flags.

Offline Malkoros

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 11:11:07 pm »
Bugs
 -Only bug I encountered was when jumping across open areas of Mustafar  over lava I would be teleported outside of the map (on one of the floating rocks) where I could not move. I do not have a screen shot but I think I can reproduce the situation.

Rocket Launchers
Tweaks
- Crossbow reload.
- Contrary to popular belief I think that damage should be increased as well as splash range, so that when someone point blank shoots you they die too.
- Less lob so its not a grenade launcher.
- I do not see a reason for the current stun on the rocket launchers, I just think they should either kill you or knock you over like with heavy blunt weapons from native. This is for two reasons, the first being realism because if you were close to a rocket explosion you would be on your but or dead, the second being that not falling over makes you a very easy target. Changing this would help balance the effectiveness against force users.
Ideas
- As a force user this weapon is very scary, I do believe that if the rocket actually hits the target it should be an instant kill for anyone, however I would like to see an implementation of a force user defense against only the splash damage and the stun. I had the idea of a similar defense against lightning (blocking down) but it does not seem very realistic.
- My my most far out idea involves force defense however I am unsure it can be implemented in mount and Blades engine. lightsabers chambering rockets could be a good way of evening the odds, of course it would still be hard to do and almost impossible at point blank, however if you had it only change the rocket trajectory by a small amount rather than being deflected it would be relatively realistic.

Explosives
Tweaks
- Explosives should do a lot more damage, enough to one shot most people.
- Explosions should set off all other explosives near them.
- more ammunition for smoke grenades.
Ideas
- Shoot explosives to set them off.
- A new explosive that works like a mine and is triggered when people step on it.
- Demolitions class: possible new class that can use a lot of explosives,(and some guns) and also mines without setting them off, heavy armor so they may survive most explosions.

Smoke grenade should be used by tactical classes like Arc, Magna Guard, Sharpshooters(rebel,empire, and republic), Commando Droid, Officers(rebel and empire).

Thanks for making a great Mod :D I hope it gets even better.
-Malk

Offline Vraelo-Ren

• I can't think.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 03:53:43 am »
- Less lob so its not a grenade launcher.
I thought it was supposed to be a grenade launcher.
- As a force user this weapon is very scary, I do believe that if the rocket actually hits the target it should be an instant kill for anyone, however I would like to see an implementation of a force user defense against only the splash damage and the stun.
That sounds like a good idea. Reminds me of Jedi Academy, where force users are capable of resisting the pushes of other force users.
Spoiler for If you don't know what that looks like, here's Qui Gon resisting a force push:
Generally I agree with most of what Malkoros said. Also, hi Malk.
By the gods, they should use you as filling for a star fort. :lol:
As a side-note, you've been promoted to the mortar used in a star fort's battlements.

Offline Ianitori

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 04:45:02 pm »

Pistol changes: Works well

Gonna have to disagree, pistols at the moment are very powerful , the increased fire rate plus damage along with the pistols good-decent accuracy makes it a pretty strong weapon , too strong imo. I think the damage at least needs to be nerfed

Offline Ianitori

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 04:47:20 pm »
Bug description: Smoke grenade removes ammo
How did it happen/how often does it happen: from what i can see it has no consistency , its happened to be several times where i will throw a smoke nade and all my ammo except 1 will be gone.

But err

General Feedback

Positives

I like the new inventory system but i think i would like pistols to be put alongside main weapons too , as occasionally i do enjoy using a pistol and sword but that isnt possible atm.

The shield buff from what i can see works very well , they actually have a use in the mod now which is great.

Rebel snow armour looks nice now that the snow helmet is here.

Grenades really help with moving tatically or clearling someone from inside an area.

Negatives/Improvements

Pistols are very powerful and i think needs a re-nerf , i don't really see anything wrong with them in 0.72 but i think they are currently too powerful. My reasons for that are in my comment above with vice.

I think jedi need a slight buff to deal with the new rocket launchers and explosives.

I think jedi shouldnt be able to pick up guns , ive always thought this but now that the explosives are here it seems pretty nessecary

Rocket Launchers should have a very slow fire rate , slower than the sniper ( i would disagree with it getting warm up though)

Gonna edit this if i think of anything new. Im also happy to debate ( not argue :) ) any of my ideas/opinions that people disagree with
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:58:14 pm by Ianitori »

Offline Vraelo-Ren

• I can't think.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 08:04:13 pm »
I think Jedi shouldn't be able to pick up guns , I've always thought this but now that the explosives are here it seems pretty necessary
Why don't we just make it so that people can't pick up explosives? That would stop kamikaze jet troopers as well.
By the gods, they should use you as filling for a star fort. :lol:
As a side-note, you've been promoted to the mortar used in a star fort's battlements.

Offline Ianitori

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 08:05:40 pm »
Yeah , that would be great. But i wanted to weave in my idea of jedi not being able to pick guns up either , since its a bit unfair

Offline Vengeful

• Staff
  • Vigilante
  • 501st_SSgt_Vengeful
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 11:29:08 am »
Thoughts about suggested changes in this thread
  • Can confirm the Grenade throw removing ammo bit, had it happen to me too.
  • Not being able to pick up explosive weapons as non-heavy trooper sounds like a good idea.
  • For the crossbow animation to be ingame it would need an entire new weapon category, I support the idea of doing that and implementing it for the sniper and the rocket launcher.
  • My first reaction to the pistol changes was also "Wow thats strong" but after having it played extensively on the last week, I can tell you that it does not have the stability required to work on medium to long range. Which restricts it to medium to short range, where there are better weapons by far. (Carbine SMG and Light Rifle should all be better at their distinctive ranges) Which to me sounds like a good way to balance a secondary weapon slot.
  • The Grenade launcher was supposed to lob the grenades, it was never ment to be an RPG or Rocket Launcher

Offline Jm Von Cat

• "A good soldier follows his heart"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 12:56:18 am »
Grenade suggestion: A bit more power behind the standard grenades, right now it seems they do not have the explosive distance to do anything unless you hit someone with them in the face.

Grenade launcher: Change its ammo to a different type or alter its fire rate (Crossbow animation sounds like a decent idea for this) I also think that only having heavy troopers able to pick them up from the ground would work. That or making it once they are dropped they cant be picked up again :Shrug:

Smokes: Perhaps two instead of one, other than that they work well except for the above reported ammo bug with them.

Map bug: When someones spawn flag is captured they spawn at "Flag 0" meaning this could be the other teams base and they just spawn in it randomly. Completely throwing some things off.

Suggestion for "sniper" unit type.
Given we now have the specific slots for weapons meaning you can not take two primary's and the like I want to put forward the idea of giving the sniper unit type access to the regular blaster rifle (Choice between that and a sniper), reason for this being is some snipers take regular troopers with them, so why not have them look the same (Still long ranged :Shrug: )
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 01:47:21 am by Jm Von Cat »

Offline Vengeful

• Staff
  • Vigilante
  • 501st_SSgt_Vengeful
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 06:50:51 am »
Suggestion for "sniper" unit type.
Given we now have the specific slots for weapons meaning you can not take two primary's and the like I want to put forward the idea of giving the sniper unit type access to the regular blaster rifle (Choice between that and a sniper), reason for this being is some snipers take regular troopers with them, so why not have them look the same (Still long ranged :Shrug: )

Thats actually genius lol thanks for the suggestion