Poll

Do you want class limits on the Official Server(s)?

Yes, maximum 20% Jedi/Sith and 70% Special Classes (current standard settings).
7 (38.9%)
Yes, but other settings would be better (suggest amount).
1 (5.6%)
Yes, but only limit Jedi/Sith (suggest amount).
1 (5.6%)
No.
6 (33.3%)
I don't mind either way.
1 (5.6%)
No, balance things in another way (suggest another approach).
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 12:40:21 am

Author Topic: [POLL] Class limits on the Official Server(s)  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Gus

• Junior
  • a.k.a. Tor-Qel
    • View Profile
    • Steam
[POLL] Class limits on the Official Server(s)
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:54:04 pm »
This is a question that seems to split the community somewhat. I make this poll mostly as a survey for reference, it won't necessarily decide how the settings will be in the future.

We have the option to limit the classes from three categories.

1. Force users: Acolyte Sorcerer, Acolyte Warrior, Jedi Consular, Jedi Guardian ("Infantry" in the admin tools)
2. Basic classes: B1 Battle Droid, B1 Medic Droid, Clone Trooper, Clone Medic ("Archer" in the admin tools)
3. Special classes: B2 Super Battle Droid, IG-100 MagnaGuard, Bounty Hunter, BX Commando Droid, ARC Trooper, Clone Commando, Heavy Clone Trooper, Clone Sharpshooter, Jet Trooper, Wookie Warrior ("Cavalry" in the admin tools)

The percentages take into account the amount of players on each team; 20% meaning one in five can take that class. Current settings are:

1. 20%
2. 100%
3. 70%

Please check this thread for an earlier discussion of the matter.

Offline Baskakov_Dima

• View Profile
Re: [POLL] Class limits on the Official Server(s)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 08:42:10 pm »
Jedi are too strong and too hard to counter. They have to be limited to 5% of players, so only 1 in 20 can have them. Yes, it's Jedi that make Star Wars not Warhammer 40.000, but it feels weird when they come in so big quantities such as 20% of players.

About the special units, actually, I won't support limiting them.

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 08:52:30 pm »
Or Jedi should be weaker. This will automatically increase the prestige of the other classes.

Offline Jepekula

• Junior
  • Dakka-dakka-dakka
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 11:13:27 pm »
Jedi should be limited. The idea of them in the Star Wars universe is that they are rare, talented individuals, and thus are able to hold immense power in the power structures of the galaxy. Making them common makes it feel more like WH40k where there are a ****ton of people who do not give a **** when they're shot at and who melee way too much.

Offline Aijnin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 11:46:46 pm »
Just bring back flinching, so non force users can hold their own in duels. I don't think we should put a limit on such a fun class  :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:56:49 pm by Aijnin »

Offline Euronymous

• Junior
  • The man with the Whisky Whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 11:51:12 pm »
Jedi are too strong and too hard to counter. They have to be limited to 5% of players, so only 1 in 20 can have them. Yes, it's Jedi that make Star Wars not Warhammer 40.000, but it feels weird when they come in so big quantities such as 20% of players.

About the special units, actually, I won't support limiting them.

1 in 20 is waaay too low. So low infact that the class would need a buff. I'd rather have the class nerfed with higher deflection cost, and possibly higher counter cost aswell (aka deflection is even more expensive when you have counter). A nerf to jump would be great aswell, the fact they can cover so much terrain so fast makes them very powerful. I'd suggest disabling attacks whille jumping, so you would have to start your attack after landing. This would give shooters more time to react.

Also, before anyone says anything about the "real" amount of jedi on the battlefield during the clone wars.If the mod opted for such a scale, the class wouldn't been represented at all. At the battle of Geonosis there was about 200 jedi in total, compared to about 192 000 clones.
"Vi kjrer alle sammen n, Copacabana, Brasiliana, ol ol
Vi drikker alle sammen n, Pia Colada, brutalt med vodka, ol ol"

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The force shall free me.

"You have to realistic about these things" - Joe Abercrombie

Offline Jepekula

• Junior
  • Dakka-dakka-dakka
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 12:53:26 am »
Just bring back flinching, so non force users can hold their own in duels. I don't think we should put a limit on such a fun class  :D
Unfortunately that would bring much more problems than it would solve.

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 11:20:33 am »
Again, you are trying to give an example of a movie. Although you know very well that this is a very bad example. You have not seen on the field of battle 1000 droids?

And more, the Jedi in the module is not a professional class. This class is for beginners that does not require talent or skill. If this class will be weaker, only experienced players will be able to use it.
I agree with Euronymous.

Jepekula
And the main problem is - the Jedi begin to die?

Offline Jepekula

• Junior
  • Dakka-dakka-dakka
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 11:44:06 am »
Could you please elaborate?

Offline Gus

• Junior
  • a.k.a. Tor-Qel
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 11:50:19 am »
Added another option: No, balance things in another way (suggest another approach).

This could be, for example, the lowering of credits to restrict certain equipment/powers, or a suggested change of some of the classes for balancing purposes.

Offline Velorn

• Bear Force II Developer
  • Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 11:53:56 am »
its fine as it is but i would like to see even less jedi and special units

Jedi 10%
Basic 100%
Special 30%

or just make the equipment of Special units and force users very expensive so you would have to earn gold to play them

i also agree with Euronymous and Sellsword but there are allready ppl complaining about the jedi being "too weak"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:08:29 pm by Velorn »
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 12:06:02 pm »
Could you please elaborate?

Which part ?

Velorn
Of course, because of their inept actions Jedi still die from the hands of the ordinary soldier. Obviously they want to win 100%.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:14:21 pm by Sellsword »

Offline Jepekula

• Junior
  • Dakka-dakka-dakka
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 12:36:00 pm »

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 01:06:29 pm »
I have already mentioned, the maximum benefits from the absence of the stun on the Jedi. If it comes back, they will often die.

Offline Euronymous

• Junior
  • The man with the Whisky Whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 01:23:25 pm »
Added another option: No, balance things in another way (suggest another approach).

This could be, for example, the lowering of credits to restrict certain equipment/powers, or a suggested change of some of the classes for balancing purposes.

Consider, this my vote then, as I have already voted QQ

And more, the Jedi in the module is not a professional class. This class is for beginners that does not require talent or skill. If this class will be weaker, only experienced players will be able to use it.
The Jedi class has elite status becouse it limited, and has access to a many tools that no other class can get. They fact is, the class is elite, even if you think the players that play the class are mostly begineers. But you can pretty much say that for any elite class in any mod/game.

Rather not have flinching back. Still have nightmares from all the stunlocks. Besides, adding flinching back there would probaly be a need for a lower fire rate and lower accruacy similar to earlier versions.

i also agree with Euronymous and Sellsword but there are allready ppl complaining about the jedi being "too weak"

Which is pretty much bull****. As it is now, you can deflect alot of gunfire, jump around just destoying people, and even teleport and use force lighting. If anyone think the jedi is weak, they just, plainly, suck.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:33:57 pm by Euronymous »
"Vi kjrer alle sammen n, Copacabana, Brasiliana, ol ol
Vi drikker alle sammen n, Pia Colada, brutalt med vodka, ol ol"

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The force shall free me.

"You have to realistic about these things" - Joe Abercrombie