Author Topic: Guide: Republic  (Read 3414 times)

Offline BNS Sleekphantom

• Good luck.
  • Vigilante
  • Ireland > G.B
    • View Profile
Guide: Republic
« on: August 13, 2015, 02:00:08 pm »
Introduction to the Republic

The Republic’s army consists of a vast amount of clone troopers. These are well trained and easy to replace soldiers. Each clone is specifically trained to their assigned role on the battlefield; Clone Trooper, ARC Trooper (Officer), Heavy Clone Trooper, Clone Sharpshooter, Jet Trooper.
This army of Clones is often lead/assisted by a minor number of Jedi Consulars and Jedi Guardians. These are the most elite troops the Republic has to offer and can decimate an enormous amount of enemies. Often times these Jedi can turn the tides off a battle.

Clone Trooper

The Clone trooper makes up the vast majority of the Republics army. They are seen as the main force and take most of the brute force sent at them.
The Clone Trooper is outfitted with a simple clone helmet and clone armour. The Clone Trooper is also supplied with a big arsenal of weapons, mostly consisting of ranged weapons along with a couple melee weapons and several Explosives.

The Clone Troopers main weapon is the DC–15 Blaster Rifle, an extremely well-balanced all round capable gun. This weapon can sacrifice Shot speed for improved Accuracy by pressing “x”. When crouching (“c”), the Trooper will have an overall improved accuracy, suffering only movement speed.

The Clone Trooper is the most basic troop and one of the best classes to play when you first play the mod. It is a nice immersive class to play and makes you feel like you’re entering the Clone War Era.

ARC Trooper

The ARC Trooper is a highly trained Clone Trooper whose role in battle is to command the other Clones and to lead the Republic to victory. The ARC is a Clone Officer who is easily identified in battle with a modified type of Clone Armour.

The ARC is equipped with the same guns as the Clone Trooper and a few extra ones which deliver an extra punch but suffering accuracy. The ARC is also supplied with an EMP and a Fragmentation Grenade.

The ARC is an Officer class which is meant for NCO’s. Other than the fact the ARC is an officer, it is very similar to the regular Clone Trooper.

Heavy Clone Trooper

The Heavy Clone Trooper is the embodiment of a Juggernaut on the battlefield. He is supplied with ARC armour and has the regular DC-15 Blaster Rifle or the Z-7 Rotary Blaster, a machinegun. To use the machinegun, hold left click. This will take a second or two to fire as it must first heat up.

The Heavy is the perfect unit to offer suppressing fire or to charge close-quarters with a high-speed firing machinegun which will strike terror into any opponent!

The Heavy is a tough class to play for new players as the poor accuracy and high rate of fire can be extremely difficult to master control of. I advise that people who just installed the mod leave the Heavy for a while until you get a general idea of the gun mechanics.

Clone Sharpshooter

The Clone Sharpshooter is basically a sniper. The Sharpshooter uses regular clone armour and uses only a Vibro Sword and the DC-15X Sniper Rifle.

As guessed by the name, the Sharpshooter is a long distance, slow firing, and extremely accurate unit. This unit is an elite Clone Trooper capable of picking off enemies before they start to cause any threat to the main force. This unit is best used at Medium-Long distance as the slow rate of the Sniper causes the unit to be near to useless in close range.

It’s advised this unit is played by more experienced players who have grasped the knowledge of the travel time of the laser and predicting how far to aim in front of a moving enemy.

Jet Trooper

The Jet Trooper is very much self-explanatory. This is a Clone who has basic clone armour, guns with unique pistols, a fragmentation grenade and of course, a jetpack (Jump + Q to activate.)

This unit is a very useful and effective shock troop. It is capable of quickly entering and leaving any situation with its jetpack. This gives the Jet Trooper the ability to gain high ground and traverse the battlefield quickly confusing and irritating the enemies.
However, the jetpack uses fuel quite quickly and regenerates slowly over time. This MUST be considered by the user to prevent sticky situations.

Anyone can play this class from the beginning. It’s a very quick and fun way to learn the basics of the game.

Jedi Consular

The Jedi Consular is probably the most powerful unit the Republic has to offer. It is a class well able to adapt in any situation, be it pushing enemies back, attracting attention, defending clones or even finishing off the enemy.

The Consular has access to lightsabers and a variety of force powers. What makes the Consular so powerful is the Force Counter ability which reflect lasers (While blocking) with a chance of hitting the enemy with them. However, each laser that you block will deteriorate your Force Points (Top Right) by 50 with each block. The consular also has common force powers such as Force Jump (Jump + Q), and Force Defence (Reduced Force Cost for each Blaster Deflection).

Force Defense Costs:
None: 50
Defense: 30
Counter: 70
Defense+Counter: 50       

The Consular can also use Force Travel (Teleport to selected area by holding and releasing Q). However, this ability is quite draining on your amount of Force Points as every teleport consumes 400 Force from a maximum of 1000 Force Points.
The Jedi Consular is one of two classes in the mod with access to Force Regeneration. This power increases your regeneration from 3 to 5. Your force regenerates every 0.3 seconds by either 3 (Without Force Regeneration) or 5 (With Force Regeneration).

This class is best suited for people who have more experience with melee, as it is an all melee class. However it is a very fun class to play and nothing beats feeling immersed in the Star Wars universe quite like having an AWESOME duel between Jedi and Sith!

Jedi Guardian

The Guardian is a class very similar to the Consular, but is seen more as a defensive class.
The Guardian has access to Force Jump, Force Defence, and Force Counter as its basic force powers.

This Jedi has two different major force powers other than the Consular, which makes it generally a designated protective class. The Guardian has Force Healing which will heal all close by allies by a considerate amount of health which can prove extremely useful to any clone army. However, each use of Force Healing consumes 400 force.

The last force power the Guardian has is Force Points + 500. This gives you a maximum amount of 1500 force points. This can be an extremely useful asset when you need to quickly assault the enemy or if you have to heal a lot of allies around you! However, don’t get too cocky and feel invincible with this power just yet. Seeing as with this class you can’t regenerate your force power as quickly, you’ll be waiting behind cover for a lot longer if you’re low on force, so be careful with your decisions!

This class is best suited for people who have more experience with melee, as it is an all melee class. Like the Consular class, this quite a nice immersive class to play as but can be frustrating to play if you’re not that good at melee.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 06:26:47 am by Axwen »
Tóg a bóg é.

Offline BNS ShadowDK

• View Profile
Re: Guide: Republic
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 02:01:32 pm »
Nice Guide

Offline BNS Marko

• Owner
  • Hero
  • That Balkan guy.
    • View Profile
    • Bad Name Studios
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 02:01:45 pm »
Stickied.
Guide's good, but wait until all the questions where did you get the 0.5 toys from  :P

Offline Axwen

• Staff Member
  • Junior
  • Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 03:21:23 am »
Very good job! I do have something you might want to point out. You mention Force Counter, but never explained what it does. Perhaps add this?
"You know impossible is what Rogue Squadron does best" - Corran Horn

Offline BNS Sleekphantom

• Good luck.
  • Vigilante
  • Ireland > G.B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 02:27:37 pm »
Ahhh, thanks mate!

Yeah, I tried my best doing all that typing! Thanks for the reminder. <3
Tóg a bóg é.

Offline Axwen

• Staff Member
  • Junior
  • Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 11:12:37 pm »
No problem, I'm a major Star Wars lore fan. If you have a question about something just hit me up on PM and I'd be happy to ask.

Offline Axwen

• Staff Member
  • Junior
  • Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 09:33:51 pm »

Offline Gus

• Junior
  • a.k.a. Tor-Qel
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 08:49:03 pm »
I'm pretty sure "Force Defend" lowers the cost of parrying/deflecting blaster fire rather than increase the health - unless something has changed in this regard since 0.32.

Also, nice guide. Something like this has been sorely needed for a long time.

EDIT: Another thing to note is that "Force Counter" increases the cost of defending against blaster fire (making a combination of Counter and Defend the best option for anyone intent on fighting ranged units).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:52:21 pm by Gus »

Offline Sellsword

• Vigilante
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 08:50:05 pm »
I remember the same thing.

Offline Black

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 02:48:07 pm »
I'm pretty sure "Force Defend" lowers the cost of parrying/deflecting blaster fire rather than increase the health - unless something has changed in this regard since 0.32.

This is true, I believe. Nothing much for Jedi has changed from 0.32, I think.
IGN: Caboose

Steam Profile URL: /aparticularlyinterestingbrick

Favourite Star Wars Character?:
Darth Wyyrlok III

Offline BNS Sleekphantom

• Good luck.
  • Vigilante
  • Ireland > G.B
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 03:39:25 pm »
That may be true, however I can't quite tell you if it's exactly health or defense.. Let's just agree it should take longer to kill you if you have Defence  :P
Tóg a bóg é.

Offline Gus

• Junior
  • a.k.a. Tor-Qel
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 11:32:06 pm »
You really need to correct it, many people think Defence gives extra health. This is how the cost works:

Defence: 30
Defence+Counter: 50            

Offline Axwen

• Staff Member
  • Junior
  • Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 06:27:05 am »
You really need to correct it, many people think Defence gives extra health. This is how the cost works:

Defence: 30
Defence+Counter: 50
Added, Thank you for clearing that up.

Offline BNS Sleekphantom

• Good luck.
  • Vigilante
  • Ireland > G.B
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 03:25:45 pm »
Lovely, I have minions to edit my post for me. Excellent..
Tóg a bóg é.

Offline Cypher

• The one guy from the Bioware trailer
    • View Profile
    • Steam Account
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 03:16:56 am »
Wait a moment, was the Commando removed from .5?