Author Topic: Event rules  (Read 488 times)

Offline EYE4567

• Senior
  • an eye for an eye makes the hole world blind
    • View Profile
Event rules
« on: June 16, 2017, 07:46:46 pm »
from playing the game, watching youtube vids, seeing training and reading comments it's overwhelmingly clear that this mod has just become a glitch game, 80% of players glitch, people train glitching in training and it's blatantly used by most of the mod. I suggest we become stricter on glitching, we used to be strict when the mod was full of head glitches and shield glitches (though these are both still an issue) but now user just go "ooh it's a game feature",  No it's not if it bypasses a gameplay mechanic then it's a glitch, like shield, glitching. i don't suggest we straight up ban anyone who glitches but if people are caught repeatedly glitching then they should be slain, while we won't catch everyone we will reduce it and slowly remove it from the mod.
but what do you think should we just say, oh yea glitch away its fine to abuse mechanics.
or should we no and put a stop to it and play the game as it was meant to be played.

Offline BNS Sleekphantom

• Good luck.
  • Vigilante
  • Ireland > G.B
    • View Profile
Re: Event rules
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 08:12:16 pm »
Too bad a large amount of the playerbase would be unwilling to roll with those rules.

I agree with you Eye, but it's unlikely to happen, unfortunately.
Tóg a bóg é.

Offline Aku

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 09:07:45 pm »
Never going to happen in NA events, I can promise you that.
Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see, one chance out between two worlds: Fire, walk with me!

Offline Inahara

• Banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 09:17:08 pm »
I agree, doesn't mean much, but i agree, but it doesn't mean much BUT i agree
Fish fingers and custard

Offline EYE4567

• Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 09:19:16 pm »
The point isnt if u think its gonna happen its if u agree or not, if we all agree we can start to act.

Offline Aku

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 10:03:30 pm »
Then I'm doing the opposite of agreeing, speaking from my admining experience, it's hard enough just dealing with jedi, especially in Eu. If you expect the admins to micromanage every single player, and slay every report of glitching, believing them on faith - which may or may not even be accurate, people could just lie or troll - it's not at all realistic.
Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see, one chance out between two worlds: Fire, walk with me!

Offline EYE4567

• Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 10:12:39 pm »
The point isn't to be perfect it's to make an effort, if an admin sees people glitching then they should slay, i don't expect admins to spend all their time searching just we need to start making an effort.

Offline BNS Mαrk

• Staff
  • The Sniping Dutchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 10:15:31 pm »
The idea is very nice but you should first try to admin an event with those goals before you come up with suggestions like that. Apart from Marko me and Aku do the admining out of free will, don't put too much pressure on those roles unless you do it yourself ;)

Offline EYE4567

• Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 10:21:02 pm »
I have admined events before and would be happy to help admin Eu events, there are alot of people in the community that would be happy to help like I say the point isn't to completely remove glitching its to make an effort to reduce it. if people don't care enough to make an effort nothing will improve.

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 10:23:14 pm »
If this goes through, the number of people crying wolf and/or abusing it will probably be a bigger problem than the glitchers themselves.

Offline Aku

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 10:23:40 pm »
Yeah, ask Marko to admin, then start slaying a bunch of people cause you saw them glitching. Not only will people be beyond outraged specifically at you, and never learn to stop glitching - again some people/regiments can't even handle jedi properly - but you'll never be able to play the game or take a breath.

I think the only admins who'd be willing to do this would be you and Jaydon, not to mention you'd have to say in admin chat a thousand times "No glitching".

Offline Akreal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 10:32:18 pm »
I don't see these things as glitch. I think these are features and you need to train to use these properly.

Offline EYE4567

• Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 10:33:17 pm »
Again you are all making this bigger than it is, at the moment the general view of the community is glitched are how to play the game. this should not be the case. Again I'm not gonna stay in spectating and be big brother slaying every single glitch, the point is to start making positive changes if admins see glitching they act and don't ignore it.
in terms of people not liking me, I don't care for anyone who decides they don't like me for abusing a glitch i don't want to like me.
if an admin sees people glitching they act and don't ignore it.
It states in both EU and NA rules wish all clans agree to when playing in events, No Glitching.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 10:35:50 pm by EYE4567 »

Offline Vengeful

• Staff
  • Vigilante
  • 501st_SSgt_Vengeful
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 07:00:52 am »
This is an issue that is very hard to resolve. My opinion is a pretty simple one, there are glitches that enhance the gameplay and actually make it more fun/skill based (looking at bending and quickswitching) meanwhile other glitches are straight up game breaking and/or super frustrating to play against ( Headglitching, smg right click spam and others).

I agree with Aku and Mark that it would be impossible to actually regulate them and it would be a hell with players complaining on all ends. Accusations and more.

Offline Exima

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 07:35:07 am »
oh look it's the old discussion.

Do you want to make the gameplay easier to bring new players in, or do you want to leave it hard af so the pro players have a challenge.

Let me explain:
If we see Glitching as a Gameplay feature, It's pretty safe to say that no new players will have fun.
- They go onto public events, and they see someone who pokes their head above a cover >> they're dead.
- They try to duel against a guy on midrange - and he just doesn't stop shooting and never decreases in accuracy because of rightclick glitch >> they're dead.
- They play Sith/Jedi in Pub - they're dead.

You see the problem.

Now what are the downsides if we make the gameplay easier = more casual?
The Pro players will be sad because the learning curve has just been lowered making them worse at the game since it's not possible anymore to be completely insanely overpowered using glitches against people who don't know them.

The upsides?
New players would not feel like they're outsiders because noone explains to them how the glitches work. ("How do you do that???" - "Magic")

It's a case of new players vs old players.
Why is it pointless to discuss?
Well because the playerbase consists of old players, and guess what they'll be voting for.

I once worked with marko forcing the mod to be a bit more casual (by introducing the new factions - faster shooting speed - sniper nerf) and took the blame from old players.
The Result? Entire Steamgroups were built named "Exima is ruining the mod" where people would circlejerk insulting me.
Yes it's childish, yes it's ridiculously pathetic, but it happened, and it serves as an example to how big of an outcry the "old player community" is ready to make if we change the game to be friendlier to new players.
So what will probably happen?
Well nothing I think, the mod is going to continue dying until bannerlord comes around the corner, and then we'll have to see what mickey mouse has to say and if mickey decides to send his army of lawyers to crush us, we're pretty ****ed.

just my two cents.
lel