Author Topic: Bellum Imperii [Suggestions & Bug Reports]  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Lorentzovh

• View Profile
Re: Bellum Imperii [Suggestions & Bug Reports]
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 08:17:03 am »
-The City of Toletum (don't remember the name to be honest) is designed rather weird, the level of buildings compared to ground doesn't fit at all.
-Sometimes in combat, an enemy unit starts floating rapidly in circles around my men, which confuses them and gives them nightmares.
-At the Roman Wall the quest giver from Bryttenwalda can still be found for the quest to reclaim London for the (lost roman) Empire.
My overal experience has been good, I prefer this conversion over a dozen other conversions i have played. The bugs don't make it unpleasant or unplayable, keep up the good work!

Offline FortTell

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2016, 05:10:14 pm »
Suggestion:
Allow to take companions with you to play music, when they:
1. Have a Lute/etc. equipped
2. Have >0 Entertain skill

How I think it may look like (Python):
Code: [Select]
def band_play(musicians):
    entertain_avg = 0
    bonus_coefficient = 1 + (len(musicians) - 1) * 0.1 #0.1 is random constant, -1 takes account for player, as no bonus should be applied when you are alone
    for musician in musicians:
        entertain_avg += musician.skills[entertain]
    entertain_avg /= len(musicians)
    gold, bard_renown = perform(player, entertain_avg)
    gold *= bonus_coefficient
    if bard_renown > 0: #Don't think you should be penalized too much, music is too random in the mod
        bard_renown *= bonus_coefficient
    player.bard_renown += bard_renown
    player.gold += gold

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:44:32 am by FortTell »

Offline FortTell

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 05:19:56 pm »
Bug:
The Alani, Dahaeans(checked through Morgh's editor) don't have their upgrade paths set at all.
As an added "bonus", their archer units even have no other proficiencies other than Archery. Wat ???

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:07:11 pm by FortTell »

Offline Payne

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 07:12:19 pm »
I would love to see the battle size limit to increase up to 500 or even 1000 because I would love to see the full force of my military.

Offline BNS Marko

• Owner
  • Hero
  • That Balkan guy.
    • View Profile
    • Bad Name Studios
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2016, 07:29:45 pm »
You can do that yourself, use the battlesizer mod:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=103109.0

Offline flameroran77

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 09:01:17 am »
Regarding the new recruitment system and on where you're going to recruit Roman Levies outside of Italy;
I don't know if it's possible in the Brytenwalda base, but perhaps Roman Levies should be available in forts and/or cities? You could say that those locations brought raw recruits from Rome for the garrison and Legions in the area to train. It might make enough sense to put in, and it certainly would be good gameplay-wise.

The Perisno mod is kinda what made me think of this, specifically their noble recruits thing. Basically, you pay a lot more gold to get a unit from a different tree that is considerable stronger than the normal tree. You'd pay the usual 10 gold per recruit from a village, or 300 gold per noble from a city or castle, which gets you a unit that's roughly equivalent to a high-tier troop. In this case, you could pay, like, 20-30 gold to get Roman Levies from cities or forts outside of Italy.

It'd kinda be nice, especially if you used that to bring back the differently colored legionaries from before.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 09:10:17 am by flameroran77 »
I had absolutely no idea that Yahoo had an Instant Messenger until I went to the "modify profile" page. I will now proceed to ignore it completely

Offline Lichen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 03:30:02 pm »
Hi everyone, and thanks to Gokiller for this awesome MOD!
I'm enjoying it very much, but there is a thing that i cannot understand: the culture feature.
I'm playing with a barbarian character, but it seems that the whole world is under roman culture. There's a possibility to change culture in the villages or town in some ways? Can i convert a roman temple into a celtic temple instead of burn everything down?

Offline RecklessRonin

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2017, 06:04:24 pm »
Bugs:
Can't seduce companions though I have high relationship points with them. They say "Sorry, I don't have time for that kind of play" or something like that.
Shieldwall
Overlapping command menu (The one where you give troops orders on the battlefield)

Suggestions:
Praetorian cavalry and archers
Marriage with companions or Aelfwyn?
Armor diversity for Romans (i.e. patterned helmets or helmets with facemasks)
Better looking npcs? The skins already look great but some females (and males) look like potatoes. Check out the wood elf faction in the Warsword mod.

I AM loving this mod but I hope these suggestions get implemented or inspire you in any way, shape or form. Keep up the AMAZING work!!!! :)